Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I was reminded the other day of a blog I had started in 2006 right after moving to Seattle. My follow-through was lacking and I only got a few posts up. But, I wanted to share them here (and have everything in one place). So here are my few old posts...



So many people have asked if "I am writing this down" that I thought it is time to start into the world of bloging. Welcome to The Life of Brian...


As a typical 2 year old boy, Brian is into everything. It is especially fun if it can cause some sort of bodily harm! As his mom I consider my most important job is to keep him alive until he is 18. We all need goals.

Even though he is all boy, it has been fascinating to see his personality develop. When I ask him to do something and he isn't complying I count to 3, thus allowing his brain to process the request (well that is how the theory goes anyway). The other day I asked him to do something, then started, "1.....2.....". He looks back at me and says, "3,4,5,6,7" (he had never counted above 3 before). I was of course so amazed that I didn't realize until later that he did get out of doing what I was asking for. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, thanks Sesame Street!

Brian is starting to settle in to our new home in Seattle. It has been a rough transition for him, but it is amazing how resilient little kids are. At least people tell me that this will not scar him for life. For a while there he wasn’t sleeping, now he is only waking up a few times each night. Unfortunately those few times often last an hour or more. But we are getting there, slowly.

Now that we are back in Seattle Brian has learned to recognize the Starbucks logo. As we drive by one I hear from the back seat, “Starbucks…mocha…banana steamer…bye-bye Starbucks”. This would be much cuter if there were only a few Starbucks in the area. On the same note, I can’t get coffee without getting Brian his “mocha” (which is a small vanilla steamer). I have heard that kids learn to drink out of a regular cup by using sippy cups first. Really it’s just from using those disposable travel espresso cup lids.

Each day is a new adventure, I love seeing what new thing Brian comes up with! I, of course, love it more after a full nights sleep! Or I think I would if I knew what sleep was like…

No comments: