Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weekend Away


Last weekend my husband and I were able to go away over night. We went to Suncadia. It was wonderful and rejuvenating. It took us the entire one and a half hour car trip to get used to not being interrupted every other sentence. But, get used to it we did! Ahhhh, peace and quiet.

The Inn was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the getaway couldn't have come at a better time.

It was a little jarring when we returned on Sunday and it took us a bit to readjust. But we were happy to come back to our son. It's hard as parents to get away. It is so needed, but we also miss our son when we are gone.

Here is the inn we stayed at...

The view from our room...


This was waiting for us in our room (there were also chocolate covered strawberries, but we ate them before I thought to get a picture. yum yum)


We ate lunch outside on this patio on Saturday. The weather was amazing. Sunny and comfortable during the day and cool enough to light the fireplace in our room at night!


I know this is silly, but I really liked this part of the room. The bathroom doors were hung like barn doors!


We went mountain biking on Saturday afternoon. I haven't been on a bike in way to long, but it all came back to me. It was like... um, riding a bike. One of my favorite things about the weekend was that I remembered what it was like before kids, back when it was just my husband and I. Not only did we get to have a great romantic time away, we got to rekindle the friendship as well. We could just be us, not "mama and daddy". Because, really, that's were we started. Just us. And someday all our kids will be out of the house and it will be back to just us. I want to keep that friendship alive and not make our relationship all about our kids. I'm more than just a mama, and my husband is much more than just a daddy.

I, of course, had to stick in some pictures of flowers because, for some reason this year, I'm all about flowers.

The resort was on the other side of the Cascade mountains from us, so the foliage was different and I enjoyed seeing what grew over there.



No comments: