Monday, August 18, 2008

Modesty

Saturday my husband and I headed out on Lake Washington in a pair of kayaks to spend some time together and celebrate his birthday. It was a hot day in Washington (in the mid-high 90's ugh). My plan was to wear a pair of jean shorts and my bathing suit top. Certainly nothing scandalous.

Before I left the house my son took one look at me and said, "Mama, you are not ready. You need a shirt". To which I replied, "It's okay. Maybe I will go swimming".

He looked at me (and in his best imitation of my mother!) said, "You will be cold. You need a shirt".

This coming from the boy who would wear his swim trunks throughout the entire winter if I would let him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, Maybe there is no direct blood connection with this most wonderful child, he has listened a time or two to the advice of his elders and has become one of us.

Love
Mom