Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Break

So last week my son, Brian, came down with the flu. Don’t know how it happened since he did, in fact, get the flu shot this year. But, none the less, the flu did visit our home. And like most house guests, over stayed it’s welcome.

After getting thrown up on, buying out the local store of their ginger ale and soda crackers I was looking forward to a bit of recuperation this week while my son goes back to preschool.

Usually he is in preschool three afternoons a week. I love those days. Not because I don’t enjoy my son, but because it’s a really nice break from explaining “why”, picking up various random toys, and keeping an eye out to make sure that my son isn’t trying to kill himself by learning to fly, be Spiderman, figure out how electricity works…

But, when I showed up at preschool with my son in tow, I was told that this week is Spring Break. No School. I almost burst into tears. It wouldn’t have been so bad except that Brian didn’t want to go to school today and had let me know, in no uncertain terms and very loudly, that he really, really didn’t want to go to school today. It’s always a bummer if you endure screaming for no reason.

Now that I've gotten over the shock I am looking forward to some time for just the two of us. Also I'm sure it will be filled with lots of arts and crafts...


No comments: