Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thank You

I just wanted to say a personal, "Thank You!" to all of you who returned to my site after yesterday's post. You must have thought, "Really? She's telling us how to pop popcorn. You've got to be kidding me!"

So, thank you for returning, both of you. I promise then next time I get a bee in my bonnet to do a food post it will be more exciting. I few years ago I got access to my grandmother's recipe box, so there should be some great food blogs coming. Someday I will post the best red velvet cake recipe ever, I promise.

In the mean time let me invite you into a strange part of my life as a mom. My son has learned how to take full advantage of the fact that he has a mom that goes a bit overboard with photos. One of our favorite mother/son activities has become setting up his toys (mostly Playmobil) and taking pictures. So today I invite you into our bizarre world of toy photography. I have to admit, though, it's kinda fun.

For the winter I set up a big tub of rice for Brian to play in. So here is a pirate "holding the hill".


Stop me if you've heard this one. So a Texan, a Roman Centurion, a knight and a couple of pirates get on a plane...

Sailing the high seas...


My all time favorite. Because what nativity scene would be complete without a matchbox police car. But in the process of taking the photo Brian snagged it mid-exposure.


No comments: