Thursday, May 22, 2008

Remembering

My horse shipped out yesterday. It was sad, but not as bad as I thought it would be, or could have been.

The more I think about this transition the more the word "mercy" comes to my mind.

With a new baby coming next month (hopefully), I will not have the time to give to a horse. So, he will be happier in a field to run in with other horses. It is more merciful for him.

But mostly I think of the mercy of God. His timing is impeccable. He brought me to a place where I am ready to move on in my life to new adventures. I truly believe that I will come back around to horses, but for now I will get to spend time with my kids before they decide that I'm uncool.

As I watched the truck and trailer leave with my horse, I thought about my family and the adoption that is in the works. How merciful it is for me to have such a blessing to focus on during this time.

This is a major transition for me and I can't begin to describe the relief that I feel being able to focus on an adoption. My biggest fear was that I would sell my horse only to not be able to adopt for another two or more years.

God's mercy is like a cool rain shower on a hot day. Calming, Centering, Refreshing.




No comments: